Spell (スペル Superu) is one of the card types in the WIXOSS TCG. Spells are used to support your LRIG. Like SIGNI, spells are placed in the deck during deck construction. Spells are used from your hand during your Main Phase, and as many spells as you like. All spells have a cost that must be paid to use, and go to the Trash after all of its abilities resolve.
Parts of a Spell Card
- Located in the top-right corner.
- Determines the color of the spell card.
- Determines what color of Ener is given when in the Ener Zone.
- Located in the top-left corner.
- Like ARTS, all spells have a cost that must be paid before they can be used.
- Located in the center-left.
- Like ARTS and SIGNI, some spells are restricted and only usable by certain LRIG Types.
- However, Life Bursts are still able to be activated despite LRIG Types/Restrictions.
- Shown in the text box of the card.
- Contains the ability of the spell.
- In some cases, multiple abilities may be listed and the player is given the choice to select the ability of the spell. This is officially called a "mode."
- If present, will be located along the bottom of the text, below the ability.
Spell Resolution Steps
According to the official WIXOSS FAQ, the following steps will be performed in order:
- Place the spell into the Check Zone and declare the use of that spell. If that spell requires choosing effects, choosing will be performed at this point.
- Pay the spell's required Ener cost. If other costs other than Ener would be paid, paying will be performed at this point.
- If the text of the spell mentions choosing/moving/affecting card(s) in public zones, (for example, choosing a card to banish for Fires of Atonement), choosing the card(s) will be performed at this point.
- Confirming whether the opponent chooses to use cards with the Use Timing [Spell Cut-In] occurs at this point. If the opponent chooses to use a [Spell Cut-In] at this point, the opponent declares that they will use this timing, and after paying the cost, the effects of the [Spell Cut-In] resolves at this point.
- The spell's effects resolve (unless the effects were canceled before this point).
- The spell is put into the trash.
|Colors||White ● Red ● Blue ● Green ● Black|
|Not a Color||Colorless|
|Card Types||LRIG (Assist) ● ARTS ● SIGNI ● Spell ● Resona ● Key ● Piece ● Craft|
|Parts of a Card||Level ● Limiting Condition ● Use Timing|
|Game Zones|| Check Zone ● Deck ● Ener zone ● Field (SIGNI Zone, LRIG Zone, Cheer Zone)|
Hand ● Life cloth ● LRIG deck ● LRIG trash ● Trash
|Game Mechanics|| Ability ● Attack ● Banish ● Coin ● Cost ● Crush ● Damage ● Discard ● Draw ● Exclude|
Ener Charge ● Exceed ● Freeze ● Grow ● Life Burst ● Up/Down ● Refresh ● Remove
|Keywords|| Accessory ● Assassin ● Blood crystal arm ● Beat ● Bet ● Chain ● Charm ● Cheer girl ● Convert|
Cross (Heaven) ● Decorate ● Double Crush ● Encore ● Gate ● Guard ● Lancer ● Layer ● Multi Ener ● Puppet
Ride (Drive) ● Rise ● Seed (Bloom) ● Shadow ● S Lancer ● Subscriber ● Trap ● Triple Crush ● Virus
|Miscellaneous||FAQs ● Formats (Key Selection ● All-Star) ● Mayu's Room ● Rule processing ● Trigger ability|